Like what you see? Share this page
17 of ’17: IMEG’s biggest news of the year featured name change, mergers, awards
2017 turned out to be a busy 12 months for IMEG. Following is a summary of the biggest developments to have had an impact on our clients and projects over the past year, in chronological order.
- The Cotton Gin at the Co-Op District in Hutto, TX, won ENR’s Best of the Best Projects 2016 in the Renovation/Restoration category.JanCom Technologies, Inc., a technology consulting firm based in Austin, Texas, merges with IMEG Corp. More.
- Mike Zorich is named an ENR Midwest Top Young Professional of 2017. More.
- IMEG receives a Grand Award from the Missouri Chapter of the American Council of Engineering Companies for quality engineering achievement in its design of the William H. Danforth Wing Research Laboratory in St. Louis. More.
- The LEED Silver Cotton Gin at the Co-Op District in Hutto, TX, wins ENR’s Best of the Best Projects 2016 in the Renovation/Restoration category. This project also won an ENR Texas & Louisiana 2016 Best Project Award, a 2017 AIA Institute Honor Award for Architecture, as well as an AIA Austin Design Award and Texas Society of Architects Design Award. IMEG provided MEP design for the project, led by Antenora Architects LLP. Read more.
- Arizona-based engineering firm Taylor RyMar Corporation (TRC) joins IMEG Corp. More.
- KJWW Engineering and TTG Engineers and their subsidiaries begin doing business as IMEG at the corporation’s more than 30 locations worldwide. More. Watch our CEO’s Q&A video.
- The Riverside University Health System’s Nursing and Allied Health Education Building in Moreno Valley, CA, receives the Merit Award for the 2017 Annual County Public Projects Award of Excellence from the California Counties Architects and Engineers Association. More.
- A merger of IMEG Corp. and Illinois-based civil engineering firm Missman Inc. expands the firms’ abilities to offer a complete range of engineering design and construction-related services in the Midwest. More.
- McClure Engineering Associates, Inc. of Illinois joins IMEG Corp., adding to an expansion of IMEG’s civil operations. More.
- Construction begins on the $1.4 billion Mississippi River bridge project between Moline, IL, and Davenport, IA, for which IMEG subsidiaries are providing civil services. More.
- U.S. News & World Report’s 20 Best Hospitals of 2017 includes four hospitals for which IMEG has provided design for various projects. More.
- In industry rankings, IMEG places 14th among Consulting-Specifying Engineer’s MEP Giants 2017 and No. 5 among all U.S. engineering firms in Building Design + Construction’s 2017 Giants 300 Report.
- The utility-scale Red Rock Solar Plant for Arizona Public Service (APS) – with electrical engineering design by IMEG – receives an ENR Southwest 2017 Best Project Award of Merit. More.
- The Riddell Sports Group facility in North Ridgeville, OH – with structural design by IMEG – wins an ENR Midwest 2017 Best Project Award in the manufacturing category, and the Peter B. Lewis Gateway Center in Oberlin, OH – with MEP, fire protection and technology design by IMEG – receives a Best Project Award of Merit in the green category.
- The new SSM Health St. Louis University Hospital and Ambulatory Care Center – an IMEG-designed $550 million project – breaks ground in St. Louis. More.
- IMEG receives a 2017 Design Award from the Steel Joist Institute for its structural design of the Method Home Products factory in Chicago. More.
- The IMEG-engineered Electrical and Computer Engineering Building at the University of Illinois receives a 2017 Education Facility Design Award of Merit from The American Institute of Architects. More.