Many developments in 2018 had big impacts on IMEG, its clients, and projects. Watch a 90-second video covering the past 12 months or read the following list, in chronological order.
1. IMEG acquires BLW Security Group, a security consulting and engineering firm based near Austin, Texas. More.
2. The University of Pikeville Health Professions Education Building in Kentucky wins an Engineering Excellence Grand Award from ACEC Missouri. More.
3. The Trumpf Smart Factory in Chicago receives the German Steel Building Prize 2018. More.
4. Three IMEG projects are among ENR Midwest's Top Starts: SSM Health-St. Louis University Academic Medical Center/Replacement Hospital, St. Louis (#6); Essex Inn & Essex Inn on the Park Apartments, Chicago (#27); and Iowa DOT I-74 Bridge Improvements, Davenport (#35). More.
5. IMEG is ranked No. 111 in ENR's 2018 Top 500 Design Firms, up from No. 117 in 2017. More.
The Museum at the Gateway Arch reopened to the public on July 3, 2018.6. The Museum at the Gateway Arch in St. Louis reopens to the public following an IMEG-engineered $380 million renovation and expansion. Watch a video.
7. Phase 2 begins in the renovation of the historic California Broadway Trade Center in Los Angeles. More.
8. IMEG acquires MKK Consulting Engineers, a Denver-based engineering firm. More.
9. The VCU Health Community Memorial Replacement Hospital in South Hill, VA, receives a 2018 ENR MidAtlantic Best Project Award of Merit. More.
10. Wintrust Arena at McCormick Square in Chicago receives an IES 2018 Illumination Award of Merit. More.
11. The Kirkland Museum in Denver is named a 2018 ENR Mountain States Best Project. More.
12. U.S. News & World Report's 20 Best Hospitals of 2018 includes four hospitals for which IMEG has provided design. More.
13. IMEG places 10th among Consulting-Specifying Engineer's MEP Giants of 2018, up four spots from the 2017 Giants list. More.
14. Building Design + Construction's 2018 Giants 300 Report ranks IMEG No. 3 in healthcare and No. 6 overall. More.
15. IMEG personnel reach more than 11,000 man-hours during the first year of the $1.4 billion Interstate 74 Bridge Corridor Project that will feature a new bridge over the Mississippi River. Read more.
16. Two IMEG projects in Illinois are named ENR Midwest 2018 Best Projects: The Army National Guard Readiness Center and Army Aviation Support Facility in Kankakee and Trumpf Smart Factory in Hoffman Estates. More.
17. The new Hyatt Hotels corporate headquarters in Chicago is IMEG's first project to be awarded WELL Certification. More.
18. IMEG acquires LKPB Engineers, a Minneapolis-based engineering firm. More.