LKPB Engineers, an IMEG company, provided engineering and design services for an adaptive reuse of University of Minnesota’s historic Education Sciences Building, originally constructed in 1924 as the Mineral Resources Research Center – the birthplace for the taconite refining process.
Engineers provided MEP and fire protection design for the $21.7 million project, which included the restoration of the exterior and a complete renovation of the interior. The 62,000-sf, two-story building now houses offices, research labs, and meeting rooms for the College of Education and Human Development. The design included new mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and fire protection systems.
The historic renovation received a 2006 Best in Real Estate Award from the Minneapolis St. Paul Business Journal in the redevelopment and extensive renovation for nonprofit or government facilities category.
Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Fire Protection