Food for Thought Leadership: Trending healthcare content to read and share
2023 HFS session lineup includes IMEG
|IMEG’s Corey Gaarde and David Demagall will be session participants in “How to Enhance Patient and Caregiver Experience” and “Understanding Procedures and Room Classifications,” respectively, at the 2023 Healthcare Facilities Symposium Sept. 19-21 in Charlotte, NC. Read more.|
If you’re attending the 2023 Healthcare Facilities Symposium—or any other healthcare conference on the horizon—you can gain some insight into some of the topics sure to be discussed formally or informally by perusing the following curated collection of recent IMEG healthcare-related blogs, executive guides, and podcasts.
- “Enhancing the Quadruple Aim through Data-Driven Decisions.” This executive guide—also available as a breakout series of blogs—provides a high-level examination of the many ways that data-driven design decisions can assist a healthcare organization by ensuring that their built environment supports the four guiding principles of the Quadruple Aim.
- “Key Design Considerations for Designing the Smart Patient Room.” This blog post by IMEG HIT Project Executive Corey Gaarde examines the first and most important step in creating a smart patient room: defining the vision for the experience.
- “Decarbonization in Healthcare: A Practical Approach to the Built Environment.” This executive guide and related podcast provide guidance to healthcare organizations as they begin their decarbonization conversation. It explains the carbon problem and presents thoughtful, measured, and practical approaches that can ease the burden of carbon mitigation and eventual elimination.
- “Acuity Adaptability and the Future of Healthcare.” This podcast and related executive guide examine the strategy, feasibility, benefits, and concerns of the acuity adaptable healthcare model in which patients remain in one room regardless of level of care.
- “Offsite Construction Offers Benefits in Efficiency, Predictability, and Waste Reduction.” This blog and related feature article examine the factory-built construction industry, now being used in a variety of building types, including hospitals and other medical buildings.
- “Microgrids for Healthcare Facilities: ‘Island Mode’ Ensures Long-term Operability.” This executive guide and related podcast provide a brief examination of the components, benefits, limitations, and challenges of microgrids, as well as tips for beginning the discussion on the feasibility of the technology for your facility.
- “De-escalation by Design: Making Behavioral Health, ER/ED Facilities Safer.” This blog explains a security concept that adapts tenets of Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) to the indoor behavioral healthcare environment and hospital emergency departments to create safe, calm, and therapeutic spaces and allow patients and staff dignity, respect, and agency.