IMEG provided engineering systems design for a chilled water extension and steam/condensate replacement at Texas State University’s South Campus. After conducting an extensive site investigation with the full design team, IMEG proposed the following routing design of the new utilities.
- New chilled water supply and return
- New steam supply and return
- New water line to serve Butler Hall, Sterry Hall, the Music Recital & Theatre Center, and parking garage
- New sanitary sewer
- Two electrical 800 amp buried concrete duct bank ties
- A portion of this design was fast track to allow another contractor to proceed with their project schedule over the 2010 winter holidays.
- Telecommunications duct bank
- New domestic fire and water mains
Once the south chiller plant was connected to the Cogen plant, IMEG performed a study of the chilled water flow through the campus.