IMEG provides design for Mayo Clinic’s largest, most advanced, hospital in La Crosse
Mayo Clinic Health System recently broke ground on its largest and most technologically advanced hospital in La Crosse, WI.
The 290,000-sf, six-floor, 70-bed hospital is next to the Center for Advanced Medicine and Surgery (CAMS). It will replace aging hospital facilities on the campus.
IMEG provided mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, technology, and security engineering design and energy modeling services for the new patient tower and contributed to a master plan to guide future renovations for the campus.
The new patient tower will include:
- A surgical and procedural floor next to and integrated with current operating rooms, housing pre-recovery and post-recovery rooms
- Endoscopy suites
- Cardiac catheterization labs and interventional radiology
- Medical-Surgical units
- A flexible ICU and Progressive Care Unit
- A new Family Birth Center
- Unfinished shell space for future growth
- A rooftop helistop
The project is expected to be completed in 2024.