Seven IMEG-designed projects awarded Finance & Commerce’s Top Projects of 2020.
IMEG provided engineering design and services for seven projects that were recently bestowed Top Project of 2020 awards by Finance & Commerce magazine. The projects were selected for innovation, creativity, and collaboration. The projects are:
- Mayo Clinic Health System’s Mankato Hospital Expansion. The $41 million, 52,000-sf facility provides state-of-the-art surgical, post and pre-operation, sterilization processing, gastrointestinal clinic, andother services. IMEG provided MEP design for the project.
- University of Minnesota’s newly constructed Health Sciences Education Center (HSEC, pictured at top left). The $108 million, 202,000-sf building provides enhanced access to the nearby clinic and surgery center along with renovated study spaces, classrooms, and a virtual and augmented reality lab. IMEG provided MEP design for the project.
- Gustavus Adolphus College’s Nobel Hall of Science expansion and renovation. The $70 million, 91,893-sf project combined multiple spaces into one comfortable and sustainable complex housing various scientific departments. IMEG provided MEP, fire protection, technology, security, and lighting design along with energy modeling services.
- Panoway on Wayzata Bay Phase I. The first phase of the outdoor project improved public access to lake Minnetonka that included the addition of new public spaces and enhanced streetscapes. IMEG provided MEP design for street lighting, sight/canopy lighting, landscape lighting, and public restrooms.
- Lexington Landing Senior Living Facility. The 227,500-sf senior living community blends independent living, assisted living, and memory care services and includes a bistro, exercise room, theater library, and community room. IMEG provided structural design for the project.
- Hennepin County Behavioral Health & Wellness Clinic. The 13,000-sf, $8 million project provides Hennepin County with additional mental health resources and services. IMEG provided MEP engineering services along with construction administration services.
- Humboldt High School addition and renovations. The 254,000-sf project includes the remodeling of the school’s educational wing and the addition of a designated 6th-8th grade area that improvesaccessibility and safety. IMEG provided structural engineering services to determine portions of the existing facility that could be added to the already confined building area without adding to theoverall footprint.
Finance & Commerce magazine will be presenting the 2020 Top Project awards to the building owners of each project on July 22 at the Nicollet Island Pavilion in Minneapolis. The awarded projects will also be featured in a series of stories published in the Finance & Commerce daily newspaper and website starting in July.