Vertical Expansion & Conversion to Residential
This 160,000-sf, six-story concrete factory building (circa 1908) underwent a renovation and vertical expansion for conversion into a residential building. Formerly known as the Middishade Clothing Factory, this historically certified building in the Franklintown section of Philadelphia was converted to office usage in the 1980s and formerly housed the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Renovations include the addition of new stair towers and elevators, a complete façade renovation and the infill of existing mechanical shafts to maximize re-use for residential. The single-story overbuild features amenities such as a community room, fitness center and a rooftop deck.