Ambulatory Care Clinic
IMEG provided LEED commissioning services for the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC), a combined hospital and flagship medical institution for the Unites States Army, Air Force, and Navy. The design-build project consists of building a new 560,000-sf ambulatory care clinic, a 240,000-sf in-patient addition to the existing hospital, an eight-story, 944-space patient parking garage, and approximately 450,000-sf of phased renovations to existing medical facilities. The design and construction phase services include:
- Developing and reviewing the Owner’s project requirements.
- Developing the initial commissioning plan
- Participating in discussions relating to new technologies being evaluated to meet LEED certification requirements
- Developing full commissioning specifications for all commissioned. equipment and performing site visits, as necessary, to observe component and system installation
- Confirming commissioning specifications follow the intent of the Building Commissioning Association (BCA) Commissioning Process
- Developing the commissioning specification and submitting to the architect for incorporation into the overall project documents