Maximizing Value, Reducing Environmental Impact
We are passionate about people and engineering, but we are also passionate about the environment. With that in mind, IMEG has integrated environmentally-friendly policies and practices into our organization by operating in a manner that promotes energy, water, and carbon emissions conservation, as well as waste reduction. We also commit these practices to our design work and clients by helping them maximize value while reducing their risk and environmental impact. Visit our Services section to learn more.
Experts in the field of sustainability, we have more than 100 professionals accredited in LEED, WELL, energy modeling, and other industry leading affiliations. We have also engineered many “firsts” in high-performance design, including:
- 1st Hospital in U.S. Served by Lake-Coupled Geothermal System
- One of the first hospitals to reach EnergyStar score of 100 with EUI of 100
- Largest Lake-Coupled Geothermal System Serving a Hospital in the U.S.
- Largest LEED Platinum Office Building in the U.S.
- 1st Certified LEED Platinum Data Center in the U.S.
- 1st Certified LEED Platinum University Building in Illinois
- 1st Certified LEED Hospital in Wisconsin
- 1st Certified LEED Hospital in Iowa
Working to Make Every Day Earth Day
On Earth Day 2018, IMEG launched an internal, corporate-wide sustainability policy to reduce our carbon footprint at the firm’s 40 offices. As one of the largest U.S. engineering firms specializing in sustainable design, we recognized a great opportunity — and need — to expand our environmental stewardship. A year into our efforts, we are well on our way to “walking the walk” in the offices in which we design many of the country’s most energy-efficient buildings. Our staff have made great progress toward reaching our policy’s goals, finding innovative ways to reduce, reuse, and recycle. Our achievements so far include:
- 300,000+ disposable cups, silverware, and plates diverted from landfills
- 1,000+ pounds of coffee ground compost delivered to farmers
- 50% (or higher) recycled content paper used at 50% of IMEG’s offices
- 2,000+ meals to animal shelters funded through aluminum can donations
- WELL Gold certification of IMEG’s Denver office