IMEG is providing medical equipment planning services for the OhioHealth Pickerington Medical Campus hospital expansion. The new six-story, 220,000-sf, 60-bed Pickering Methodist Hospital will house a variety of healthcare services and departments with an emphasis in state-of-the-art cancer care and women’s services.
Program spaces include:
- Oncology department with 15,000-sf of dedicated space containing 16 exam rooms, 20 infusion bays, a point of care (POC) lab, and an on-site infusion pharmacy
- Labor and delivery department with two c-section surgery rooms and postpartum recovery beds
- Trauma center (level III) with an intensive care unit (ICU) and two diagnostic and interventional cath labs
- General surgery department with six operating rooms (ORs)
- General medicine including imaging
IMEG is managing the equipment planning design process and working with a local equipment planner for procurement and on-site installation services. This partnership has allowed for OhioHealth to get the best of both companies: IMEG’s expansive knowledge of medical equipment trends, operational flow, and opportunities for future-proofing the new addition combined with the local equipment planner’s boots on the ground presence and knowledge of the OhioHealth processes. OhioHealth has plans to further expand the Pickerington Medical Campus to accommodate the growing community’s healthcare needs.