New Mixed-Use High Rise Tower
TWO GREEN GLOBES CERTIFIED
IMEG provided mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and acoustical engineering design and services for a new, 26-story, high-rise tower in Hyde Park. The mixed-use tower includes 246 apartments, a parking structure accommodating 173 cars, and approximately 10,000-sf of ground-level retail space.
Engineers prepared a design narrative report and drawings (including floor plans, riser diagrams, and schedules), provided peer reviews, and held design review meetings with the project team. IMEG also developed and maintained an energy model for both Green Globes certification and energy code compliance that was used when evaluating building envelope construction decisions. The building’s sustainable features include:
- HVAC energy recovery via domestic hot water preheat
- Variable speed toilet/dryer exhaust and associated makeup air
- Low-flow plumbing fixtures
- Condensing heating boilers and hot water heaters
- Water-cooled HVAC equipment throughout the building
- Heat pumps with ECM fan motors
IMEG worked closely with the owner and architect to meet the Green Globes requirements while staying within the project budget. The design is predicted to perform 15 percent better than the IECC 2015 (ASHRAE 2013 ECB modeling compliance) in energy savings and 30 percent better in water savings.