New Personal Protective Equipment Plant
IMEG, as the prime consultant, provided mechanical, electrical, and plumbing engineering design services, along with construction administration, for the renovation of a 527,000-sf warehouse into a new state-of-the-art manufacturing plant. IMEG also provided early site selection, utility evaluation, programming, budgeting, utility planning, and coordination with the manufacturing equipment for the plant. IMEG’s subconsultants included architectural for office and interior space modifications, structural for equipment supports and bracing, and civil for site work design.
Systems design for the 12-production line facility include:
- 15,000 A electrical service
- 230MMBTU/Hr natural gas system,
- 2,250-ton chillers
- Energy recovery — tempering make-up air with waste heat
- 900,000 GPD with 500 GPM RO domestic water system
- 850,000 GPD on-site wastewater treatment plant
- 1,440 HP compressed air system
- 141 million gallons of water recycled annually
The new facility produces 3.5 billion gloves annually and will keep more than 350 jobs in the United States.