Nuclear Medicine Department Build-Out
Children’s Hospital of Orange County (CHOC) offers the only nuclear medicine program in Orange County dedicated to pediatrics, with calibrated equipment that allows children to receive smaller, safer doses of radiation.
When CHOC built out this nuclear medicine program in a 4,000-sf shell space in the Bill Holmes Tower, it turned to IMEG for structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and technology engineering services and design.
For the MEP and technology systems, IMEG provided all design and specifications from predesign through construction documentation. This included low-voltage systems and extension of existing systems.
For the structural systems, IMEG provided:
- Design to support the new rooftop MEP equipment including a chiller and exhaust fan
- Special structural design and details for ceiling supports due to congested above-ceiling area
- Structural gravity retrofit and strengthening, including the existing steel beams and concrete slab, to support the weight of the new equipment and six inches of concrete infill
- Anchorage design for equipment in rooms for:
- Positron emission tomography computed tomography
- Single-photon emission computed tomography
- Single-photon emission computed tomography/CT room