Post-Tornado Campus Rebuild
Following a devastating tornado that hit their Pella facilities in the summer of 2018, Vermeer Manufacturing embarked on a campus rebuild project to replace and improve the facilities they had lost. IMEG provided commissioning services to Vermeer Corporation for multiple facilities as part of their rebuild. Key commissioning projects include:
- 500,000-sf New Plant 7 Rebuild
- 35,000-sf New EcoCenter
- 4,500-ton Chilled Water Plant
The rebuild of the New Plant 7 included HVAC systems for tempering and filtering of air to provide comfortable working conditions for Vermeer’s employees, and support the paint and welding processes housed within the facilities. Plant 7 includes operations for welding, assembly, and paint for several different pieces of equipment Vermeer manufactures. Cooling is provided to the Plant 7 HVAC systems via chilled water produced at a newly constructed 4,500-ton stand alone Chilled Water Plant. IMEG provided commissioning services for all house MEP systems and process paint systems in the New Plant 7. IMEG’s team also provided commissioning services for the new Chilled Water Plant and the stand alone EcoCenter facility. IMEG led and coordinated the commissioning process, leading multiple contractors and equipment vendors through the process to ensure the commissioned systems operated as designed at turn over. Key commissioned systems included:
- Central Utility Plant including (3) 1500-ton water cooled chillers and associated pumps and cooling towers
- Over (35) Air handler systems including welding makeup air and return air filtration systems.
- Building automation systems and graphics
- Industrial paint system including conveyors, blasters, washers, paint booths, drying ovens, makeup air and exhaust systems, pressure controls.
- Compressed air system
- Medium voltage switchgear and panel boards
- Emergency power generators and transfer switches