Year in Review: 2019 brought acquisitions, awards, and new services to IMEG
2019 was another year of growth for IMEG, which rose to #104 on Engineering News Record’s 2019 Top 500 Engineering Firms and No. 9 on Building Design+Construction’s 2019 Giants Report, where it also earned six top 10 market sector rankings. During the past 12 months we also acquired two high-quality firms, won numerous project awards, redesigned our website, and added new services.
The year’s biggest developments began with the February acquisition of Nishkian, a 100-year structural engineering firm with locations in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Portland, OR, and Bozeman, MT. Detroit-based structural firm Desai/Nasr joined IMEG in September. In addition, two firms acquired in 2018 – MKK of Denver and LKPB of Minneapolis – began doing business as IMEG in 2019.
Many of our projects were recognized with national and international awards throughout the year. The most prolific among them was the expansion and renovation of the Museum at the Gateway Arch in St. Louis. Its achievements in 2019 included ENR Global Best Project and ENR Midwest Best Project awards – both in the cultural category – and Building Design + Construction’s Reconstruction Gold Award.
Other regional and national award-winning projects in the past year include:
- 288 Pacific: ENR California’s Best Project in Residential/Hospitality
- Yellowstone Club: ENR Mountain States Best Projects Merit Award in Residential/Hospitality
- Advocate Outpatient Centers ILPD team: Healthcare Facilities Symposium Award
- Four Seasons Hotel: ENR Texas/Louisiana Best Project in Interior/Tenant Improvement
- City of Thornton Fossil Ridge Public Safety Center: ENR Colorado/Wyoming/Dakotas Best Project Merit Award in Government/Public Building
- Rancho Los Amigos Rehab Center: Building Design + Construction Building Team Award
- Trumpf Smart Factory: SEAOI’s Best Industrial Project
- Army National Guard Readiness Center and AASF: ENR Midwest Best of the Best
- City of Golden Linking Lookout: ACEC Engineering Excellence National Grand Award
High-performance building design continued to be a hallmark of our work in 2019. Among the highlights was the WELL Gold Certification of IMEG’s own Denver office renovation, one of a growing list of IMEG-designed WELL projects that focus on improving the impacts of the built environment on human health and well-being. Numerous IMEG projects also achieved LEED certification during 2019, including Platinum-level designations for the Emory University Campus Life Center and the University of Illinois College of Electrical and Computer Engineering building.
The past year also saw several expansions in the services IMEG offers clients. These included technology advisory services to provide proactive planning to fully achieve the benefits of the IoT; active shooter response training and workplace violence prevention; and a dedicated effort within the federal market to meet the needs of the various agencies in the Department of Defense.
All of IMEG’s accomplishments during the past year and much more can be found on our website, newly redesigned in 2019 to provide a streamlined, content-rich, and easily navigable platform for information about our capabilities, portfolio, and people. In addition, an expanded resources section includes blogs, webinars, executive guides, market sector leader videos, and white papers – all providing thought leadership on industry trends, project expertise, and design innovation.
We thank all our clients and partners for helping to make 2019 a great year for IMEG – and look forward to another year of growth and collaboration in 2020!