We Did That: Growth leads IMEG’s top achievements of ’22
2022 was a good year for IMEG on many fronts, from significant firm growth to continued successful collaboration with our many team partners and clients. Here’s a rundown of our top 10 accomplishments of the previous 12 months.
1. Continued strategic expansion resulted in eight acquisitions, bringing the firm to 75 offices and 2,100 team members nationwide. Companies joining IMEG were:
- The Harman Group
- North Line GIS
- McVeigh & Mangum Engineering
- christopher consultants
- Engineering division of Veregy, formerly Dynamix Engineering
- Barker Structural
- Schmidt Consulting Group, Inc.
- Bruce E. Brooks & Associates
2. Several team members received industry honors, including:
- Kirk Harman—American Institute of Steel Construction’s (AISC) Lifetime Achievement Award and named a Fellow of the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat
- Joel Goodmonson—ACEC Coalition Distinguished Service Award
- Yanling Leng—ENR Mountain States Top Young Professional and ENR National Top 20 Under 40
- Ryan Searles—ENR Texas & Louisiana’s Top Young Professional
- Marie Purkert—named a governor of the NAIOP Research Foundation
3. IMEG became a Network Organization of the National Academy of Medicine’s Action Collaborative on Decarbonizing the U.S. Health Sector, the latest of several decarbonization initiatives the firm has joined, including SE 2050, MEP 2040, and AIA 2030.
4. The firm was ranked #71 among Engineering News-Record’s 2022 Top 500 Design Firms and …
5. … #6 on Building Design + Construction’s (BD+C) 2022 Giants 400 Report.
6. Workplace culture site Comparably ranked IMEG as having Best CEO, Best Leadership, Best Company Compensation, Best Company Perks & Benefits, and Happiest Employees among the top 100 large companies (over 500 employees).
7. More than 35 projects were honored in national and regional award competitions, including:
- 15 projects in ENR Regional Best Project competitions
- Nancy and Rich Kinder Building at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston—ENR 2021 Best of the Best Project Award in the Cultural Category (announced in 2022)
- Iowa State University’s LEED Gold renovation of Marston Hall—1st Place ASHRAE Society Technology Award
- Denver Water Operations Complex Redevelopment—BD+C’s Platinum Building Team Award
- Argonne National Laboratory’s Materials Design Laboratory—ASHRAE Region VI 2022 Excellence in Engineering Award and Lab Manager’s 2022 Design Excellence Awards Honorable Mention
- Ball Horticultural Innovation Center—Lab Manager’s 2022 Design Excellence Awards Honorable Mention in the Innovation Category
9. Fifteen new episodes were added to the firm’s podcast, “The Future Built Smarter,” wrapping up the year with a discussion with IMEG’s Robin Greenleaf, immediate past chair of ACEC.
10. And last but never least, our teams worked with thousands of clients and industry partners to help transform communities and environments through high-performance buildings and infrastructure. We appreciate and thank you for partnering with us!